A convenient and Secure Way to Invest Your Dollars and Plan for Your Future
You can even give savings bonds to friends and family as a gift for any occasion like birthdays, weddings, graduations; or no occasion at all and help them build their own savings.
TreasuryDirect offers you a convenient way to buy, manage, and redeem your Treasury securities – no paper bonds or paperwork – direct from the U.S. Treasury.
Within minutes, you can open a TreasuryDirect account and log in to:
- Buy securities using electronic payment from your checking or savings account, or through payroll deduction; schedule repeat purchases, even add registrations or other bank accounts.
- View all of your electronic securities with just one click. Featured are online EE and I savings bonds, and Treasury bills, notes, bonds, inflation-protected securities (TIPS), and Floating Rate Notes.
- Establish accounts for minors as well as custom accounts for a specific purpose, within your primary TreasuryDirect account.
- View a summary of your account activity, including recent purchases, payments, and account balance.
- Redeem securities and TreasuryDirect will automatically credit your bank account — you can even request full or partial redemptions.
It's that simple! If you would like to find out more about managing your securities online, anytime, securely from a web browser, take a Guided Tour or visit treasurydirect.gov today.
For information about savings bonds you already own, visit treasurydirect.gov.
Credit Union 1 members can redeem Savings Bonds at any branch location. Make sure you bring the Savings Bond(s) you wish to cash along with a valid government issued ID.