We take your privacy and the security of the information about you seriously. Credit Union 1 is committed to keeping your private details private and secure.
With chip-enabled debit and credit cards, a two-factor authenticated banking system, ongoing monitoring, and more, we’re helping keep your financial information secure. Here is more information about how you can protect your information and privacy.
Learn how we collect, share and maintain personal information – and our process for member opt-out requests.
California Financial Information Privacy Act
State law gives California residents specific rights regarding their personal information, including additional control over how we share it.
Learn how we collect, use, share and protect information when you visit or use our online services.
How can I keep my Online Banking login and mobile device safe?
Password Best Practices
Mobile Device Best Practices
- Do not share your password.
- Do not use the same password for multiple accounts or different sites.
- Make your password strong:
• Use both upper and lower-case letters, numbers and include a special character (such as !, &, *)
• Create longer passwords
• Use a phrase with a combination of words, such as the lyrics of your favorite song, to make a longer password easier to remember.
- Do not share your device.
- Sign out when you are done.
- Password protect your mobile device such as four-digit PIN (six digits preferred) or biometric security such as face or fingerprint recognition.
- Never store passwords on unsecured apps such as note-taking apps.
- Update your apps when prompted.
- Avoid downloading apps that modify the mobile device operating system.
- If you lose your mobile device, change your Credit Union 1 password as soon as possible.
What should I do if I think I have been the victim of fraud and/or Identity Theft?
Contact our Member Solutions Team immediately at 800.252.6950 or visit a CU1 branch.
If your Credit Union 1 Credit or Debit card has been lost or stolen, please call 800.252.6950 Monday – Friday 7:00 am CST – 7:00 pm CST (5:00 am PST – 5:00 pm PST) as soon as possible to report it and request a new card. Credit cardholders may contact 844.700.1129 24/hours a day 7-days a week. Debit cardholders may contact 800.472.3272 24/hours a day 7-days a week.
If charges are made after your card has been stolen, please call our Member Solutions team at 800.252.6950 and we'll tell you how to file a claim.
Our monitoring service may call you to verify unusual activity on your card. These are legitimate calls.
Debit card unusual activity phone number: 877.253.8964
Credit card unusual activity phone number: 844.700.1129
For more information about identity theft, visit the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Identity Theft website at consumer.ftc.gov or you can also call the FTC Identity Theft-Hotline at 1-877-IDTHEFT.